John Tan Lee
ACCOUNTING AND CORPORATE REGULATORY AUTHORITY
25 Feb 2022
ACRA would like to alert the public to attempts by scammers to gain access to Singpass login details to register businesses in victims’ names.
While there are stringent security measures implemented by Singpass, members of the public are advised to stay vigilant and follow these security practices to protect themselves against similar online scams:
- Never disclose your Singpass ID, password and Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) details to anyone. ACRA does not contact customers through SMS or WhatsApp and will never send QR codes through SMS, messaging apps like WhatsApp and other non-ofkcial messaging platforms to ask for Singpass login
- Scammers may claim they are conducting a survey on ACRA’s behalf and ask for information such as your Singpass ID, bank account ACRA has not commissioned any surveys requiring such details. If in doubt, please contact us using the online email form available at www.acra.gov.sg/feedback or call our Helpdesk at 6248 6028
- To access ofkcial government websites, always check that the URLs end with “gov.sg”. The URLs of ACRA’s corporate website and eServices portals are:
|ACRA corporate website||www.acra.gov.sg|
|BizFile+ kling and information portal||www.bizkle.gov.sg|
|Variable Capital Company portal||www.vcc.bizkle.gov.sg|
|ACRA API Mall||www.apimall.acra.gov.sg|
You are advised to type the URLs directly into your browser. If you choose to click on links to any government websites, check that the URL ends with “gov.sg”, before accessing the website.
- Verify the sender of emails received and only click on links from trusted Emails from ACRA will only be from addresses ending with “@acra.gov.sg”, and only include links with “acra.gov.sg” or “bizkle.gov.sg”.
If you wish to verify whether the email or link you have received is from ACRA, please contact ;Helpdesk at 6248 6028 (Mon – Fri, 8.30am – 6.00pm) for assistance.
- If you have any information relating to scams or misuse of Singpass access, please call the Police Hotline at 1800-255-0000, or make a submission online at police.gov.sg/iwitness.
- For more information on scams, members of the public can visit scamalert.sg or call the Anti-Scam Hotline at 1800-722-6688.